WNBC-TV New York, NY January 2019 - Present
The Weather Channel Atlanta, GA March 2011-October 2018
- Co-Anchor, "Morning Rush," TWC's signature weekday morning show
- Primary Fill-in for Al Roker on "The Today Show" and "Wake up with Al"
- Frequent studio work in news, programming, features, and specials.
- Field reporting from scene of severe weather events.
KYW-TV Philadelphia, PA May 2004-March 2011
Weekday Morning Meteorologist (2007-2011)
- Weekend Meteorologist (2004-2007)
- Hosted “Maria’s Backyard Barbeque” feature during the summer
WXIX-TV Cincinnati, OH October 2001-May 2004
WTVM – 9 ABC TV Columbus, GA February 2001-October 2002
- Perform morning news anchor duties that involve preparing scripts for the morning news hour, as well as for the two news cut-ins during Good Morning America.
- Perform morning on-air weather. his involves forecasting and preparing supportive graphics and satellite images for weather segments. There are five short weather and two long weather segments throughout the news hour.
- Also prepare and perform six weather briefs during Good Morning America.
June 2000-February 2001
Morning News Anchor/News Reporter
- Performed morning news anchor duties as stated above.
- Was responsible for developing news stories as a reporter.
- Involved finding and maintaining contacts in the community, gathering facts, scheduling interviews, and writing and editing the final product for the day’s news programs.
November 1998-June 2000
Weekend Meteorologist/News Reporter
- Prepared forecast and supportive graphics for weather segments in four news shows during the week.
- Also served as a fill-in for morning and evening meteorologists and performed reporter duties as stated above.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Pennsylvania State University
B. S. Meteorology, 1998
Emphasis: Mesoscale and Synoptic Forecasting.
AMS Seal of Approval. 2006
CBM Seal of Approval. 2006
Community Liaison, WTVM-9 1998-2001
- Serve as a station representative at various functions like community expos and fairs. Also schedule weather talks at schools and other facilities.
Teaching Assistant for Intro Meteorology Course 1997-1998
- Responsible for preparing and conducting lectures (which often included hands-on demonstrations and experiments), organizing assignments, quizzes and tests, and providing grades and final evaluations for as many as 30 students per semester.
- Proficient using Liveline Genesis 2000 weather graphics and data system.
- Skilled using DVC-pro editing system.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST