CBS News Race and Culture Unit New York, NY 2020-Present
CBS News, “48 Hours” New York, NY 2000-Present
- Producer/writer of hour long documentary programming for CBS News about legal issues and the justice system.
- Developing a documentary with the Court Martial of U.S. Army Sgt. Brent Burke. The hour will give viewers an inside look at military justice, JAG, and why the Army prosecuted Sgt. Burke after four civilian trials failed to reach a verdict.
- Currently creating a multi-platform television project about teen dating/relationship violence. The hour will profile a high profile case in Boston, MA scheduled for trial in October 2012.
- Produced and wrote the second highest rated program for 2011 on the mysterious death of former West Virginia University basketball star and financial analyst Jocelyn Branham Earnest. The show's effective use of Facebook and Twitter engaged the viewing audience during and after the broadcast about the tragedy of the case and the on going problem of domestic violence. The show was rebroadcast June 2, 2012 winning the Saturday night ratings for CBS and the time slot.
- Currently writing and developing a project with two 20-something South African filmmakers, Afrikaner and Zulu, for an upcoming prime time special on the legacy of Nelson Mandela. Casting was achieved for this project via Skype. Our aspiring filmmakers have shot compelling video diaries which make the project organic and contemporary.
- Produced and developed highly acclaimed and award wining program for CBS News prime time special, “Change and Challenge: The Inauguration of President Barack Obama”.
- Producer and writer for a series of prime time specials and breaking news events, including, September 11 terror attack, the death of Michael Jackson, Casey Anthony, and special project entertainment programming for the Discovery Channel, ION, the WB Network, WE Television, and iTunes, and cbs.com.
“CBS Evening News” New York, NY 1997-2000
CBS Sports 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway
“CBS This Morning” 1987-1997
“The Oprah Winfrey Show” Freelance 1992
University of the Pacific, Stockton, California, Bachelors of Science.
Graduate studies in Political Science at University of the Pacific
- University of the Pacific Alumni Board of Directors
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated
- National Association of Black Journalists
- New York Women in Film and Television
- 2010 NABJ Award
- 2009 NYABJ Award