KEYT-KCOY-KKFX Santa Barbara, CA May 2016 - July 2019
Morning News Anchor
- Morning Anchor for KEYT (ABC) & KCOY-12 (CBS) Mon-Fri 5 am-7 am
- Co-Anchor for KKFX-11 (FOX) Mon-Fri 7 am-8 am
- Reports from the field during breaking news and special events
- Hosts live interview segments with guests in studio
- Oversees station’s social media presence in the mornings
- Writes breaking news articles for the web
- Represents the station at community events, parades, and fundraisers
- Market covers Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-San Luis Obispo region of California’s Central Coast
- Anchored Emmy-award winning breaking/spot news coverage of the Thomas Fire (2017)
KXXV-ABC Waco, TX September 2015 – April 2016
- Anchor/Producer for ‘GOOD MORNING TEXAS – EARLY EDITION’
- Chased breaking news stories as a reporter/MMJ for ‘GOOD MORNING TEXAS’
- Shot and edited own video as a Multimedia Journalist-- ’One-Man-Band’
- Wrote breaking news stories for the web at KXXV.com
- Oversaw and handled social media for station’s branded facebook page.
- KXXV covers the Waco/Killeen/Temple/Bryan region in Central Texas – Market #87
- Offered promotion to Main Morning Anchor
VALLEY VIEW NEWS Los Angeles, CA August 2014 – December 2014
- Worked as an anchor/reporter/producer/writer for CSUN’s broadcast news show for LA Channel 36 in the San Fernando Valley
- Produced and anchored the 2014 Midterm Election Show and covered local and national races
- Finalist for Society of Professional Journalists “Mark of Excellence Award” for “Best Overall Newscast” (Region 11)
CSUN’S ‘ONPOINT’ Los Angeles, CA August 2014 – December 2014
- ONPOINT is a 28-minute feature news show that airs weekly on LA Channel 36
- Moderated multiple discussion panels on various topics affecting the national and local community
- Booked guests
- Compiled extensive research on the show’s topic
- Worked in the field as a reporter, interviewing professionals as well as ‘man-on-the-street‘ segments
THE SANTA MONICA DAILY PRESS Santa Monica, CA June 2014 – August 2014
- Published junior reporter/intern who wrote stories focusing on the Santa Monica community including people of note, events, and issues affecting the community.
- Conducted interviews from the field and the office.
- Compiled police logs and transcribed q-lines.
KCSN 88.5 FM Los Angeles, CA June 2014 – July 2014
- Weekly evening update anchor for CSUN’s radio affiliate in the San Fernando Valley
- Worked in the field as a reporter
- Finalist for Society of Professional Journalists “Mark of Excellence Award” for “Best In-Depth Radio Reporting” (Region 11)
VALHALLA ENTERTAINMENT Hollywood, CA January 2013 – May 2013
- Served as the Assistant to the Director of Development and the lead intern at the Reception Desk
- Managed calendars and contact sheets, scheduled meetings, fielded all incoming calls, and delegated tasks to fellow interns.
- Developed, implemented and maintained script tracking system to optimize script coverage
- Provided extensive coverage for TV pilots, episodic, and features
- Trained new interns on front-desk procedures
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY- NORTHRIDGE
Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism with a focus in Political Science
Graduated Cum Laude (3.7 GPA), Dean’s List, Irene Ryan Scholarship Nominee
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively multi-task and prioritize projects in high-pressure situations.
- Proficient with Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Edius, Q-Series, ENPS, iMovie, Adobe Audition, Word Press, Excel, Outlook, Word, FileMaker Pro, Studio System. Types 65 wpm.
- Mac/PC proficient
- Member of SAG-AFTRA