WPTA-TV Fort Wayne, IN 2015- Present
- Anchor primary weekday newscasts.
- Work with producers to craft daily rundowns.
- Develop and pitch story ideas.
- Produce special reports.
- Manage nightside resources.
- Use social media to grow audience reach and identify news sources.
- Represent the station at community events.
“The List” Phoenix, AZ 2014-2015
- Host and producer of marquee consumer franchise “What’s The Deal.”
- Researched, pitched and produced timely stories with a consumer, financial and tech focus.
- Worked with affiliate stations to generate content and coordinate field crews.
- Field reporter covering daily stories throughout the Southwest region.
- Reported extensively on the Jodi Arias trial and the deaths of the 19 wild land firefighters.
KNXV-TV Phoenix, AZ 2010-2012
- Live reporter covering breaking news for market-leading morning show.
- Substitute anchor for morning newscast and midday talk show.
- Led coverage from the field during Arizona’s biggest wildfire and the shooting of Representative Gabby Giffords.
- Worked with photographers and editors on assigned stories.
- Utilized social media as a second channel for viewers and to cultivate sources.
- Operated live trucks and field equipment as a one-man-band reporter.
WPTA/WISE-TV Fort Wayne, IN 2008-2010
- Served as a multimedia journalist across all platforms.
- Covered local government, breaking news and feature stories.
- Planned and implemented market-exclusive live coverage of Barack Obama’s first inauguration from Washington DC.
- Anchored assigned newscasts.
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana — BA Telecommunications, 2012
- Strong writing ability with graphics design knowledge.
- Ability to anchor sustained, live programming without scripts.
- Skilled in the use of social media to cultivate sources and communicate with viewers.
- Experience operating live trucks and field equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the use of desktop editing programs including Avid, Edius and Final Cut Pro.
- Thorough understanding of news values and community standards in Northeast Indiana.
- Solid ability to lead a newsroom and make quick decisions under pressure.