U.S. SENATE CAMPAIGN, MN April 2018 – August 2018
Communications Director for Richard Painter
- Responsible for managing and directing internal and external communications, proofreading, video editing, and supervising campaign staff of 10. Created communication strategies and talking points; served as a key spokesperson and media contact for the campaign. Effectively collaborated with stakeholders and partners on key projects, messaging, and campaigns.
- Developed communications campaigns; wrote news releases and other content for the media.
- Worked with the press, arranged interviews and wrote speeches for the candidate.
- Served as a spokesperson and prepared candidate for press conferences, media interviews and speeches.
- Monitored media landscape and cultivated productive relationships with key reporters.
- Wrote script for and publicized campaign ad that went viral and drove more than six million views in 48 hours. Ad was shared by national media outlets including NBC, Time, CNN, Fox News and described by major publications as "the best campaign ad so far" and "the talk of social media."
- Filmed the candidate giving speeches, interacting with Minnesotans and working behind the scenes; edited clips to make inspiring and informative videos posted to social media and the campaign website.
- Successfully drew attention to the candidate and his message with engaging posts on Facebook and Twitter. Campaign Facebook page had the highest engagement rate of any politician in the state.
THE RIGHT STAFF Edina, MN November 2017 – May 2018
Business Development Executive
- Prospected, identified and closed new opportunities for this staffing service. Focused on getting companies to do business with The Right Staff to fill their staffing needs. Developed strong and sustainable working relationships with key clients. Served as the first impression of the firm and linked recruiting specialists with clients. Worked in person, over the phone and through email.
- Established a strong record of driving and achieving company business development objectives.
- Cultivated creative ideas to differentiate the staffing agency through unique promotional activities like delivering cookies, lottery tickets, and birthday presents. Conducted office tours to prospective clients to earn their business.
- First winner of "Employee of the Month."
WINK Television Fort Myers, FL July 2014 - October 2017
Sports Director, Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
- Held multiple roles in this fast-paced, highly visible position. Managed the Sports Department and supervised a team of five. Maintained composure in high-pressure situations that came with the hard deadlines of live television. Produced a high number of exclusive story leads through creating and maintaining relationships across the community. Engaged with viewers and promoted the station on social media platforms.
- Persistent in pursuing creative ideas that stood out from the competition, including unique bumps, social media posts and interactive segments.
- Conceived and launched high school football show, “Friday Night Highlights.”
- Started weekly show, “The FGCU Basketball Show" - the first of its kind in the market.
- Did sportscast for newscast that won “Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Newscast of the Year.”
- Worked 14 straight days while reporting on Hurricane Irma.
KSBY Television San Luis Obispo, CA March 2010 - June 2014
- Anchored six sportscasts and produced four news reports per week for market’s top-rated news station.
- Achieved higher ratings from start of employment to end for all shows anchored.
- Conceptualized and hosted weekly sponsored ten-minute interviews with university coaches and athletes.
- Composed and posted up to ten web stories per day to station’s continuous news source website.
- Connected with and engaged viewers through social media sources Facebook, Twitter and Vine.
- Represented station as weekly guest and occasional host on ESPN Radio.
- Winner of Associated Press Best Sports Segment Class 2 TV.
KFYR Television Bismarck, ND August 2006 - February 2010
- Anchored four sportscasts and produced two packages per week for market’s top-rated news station.
- Achieved higher ratings over course of employment for all shows anchored.
- Hosted two weekly 15-minute interview shows for local university and NBA Development League team.
- Emmy Award Winner for Best Weekend Newscast in Markets 141 or Higher.
- Three-time recipient of First Place for Sports Play-by-Play from the Northwest Broadcast News Association
- Planned and executed a fundraiser in three days that raised more than $3,000 for mass shooting victims’ families.
- Co-founded charity to make and deliver Thanksgiving meals to 18 families in need.
- Special Olympics volunteer and coach.
- Mentor for special needs adult for three years and mentor for at risk youth.
- Emcee for Boston Red Sox charity golf tournament which raised $1 million for Golisano Children's Hospital.
- Two-time emcee and panel moderator for Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame charity event.
- Emcee for Catholic charities event which raised $250,000 for after school programs.
- Emcee for Gulf Coast Humane Society's biggest fundraiser of the year which raised $185,000.
- Two-time emcee and coach for "Badges and Buckets."
- Emcee for Red Ribbon Awards honoring extraordinary young people who support a drug free lifestyle.
- Guest speaker at Special Olympics Celebration of Inclusion.
- Two-time host and award presenter for the News-Press All-Area Sports Awards.
- Two-time host of University of Mary "Welcome Back Night."
University of Wisconsin-River Falls, Bachelor of Science (BS), Broadcast Journalism, Coaching
Activities and Societies: Basketball player, host of live television show, radio show host
Minnesota State University Moorhead, Bachelor of Science (BS), Broadcast Journalism
Activities and Societies: Basketball player, television reporter